Thank you to all the Scouts and Scouters that made our snow sports merit badge/belt loop days at Showdown into a rousing success! This event was well attended and everyone seemed to have a good time.
For those Boy Scouts that are finalizing their paperwork for the Snow Sports Merit Badge, Mr. Weissman and Dr. Jennings will hold a final classroom session on Tuesday, February 7 at 6:30 p.m., at the LDS Stake Center at 1015 15th Ave S. This classroom session will be held concurrently with the Boy Scout Roundtable.
During that final session, we will be going over requirements 1-4 for the merit badge (first aid, safety, avalanche awareness, etc.). We will be prepared to sign blue cards for Scouts that have finished all merit badge requirements that this classroom session.
As part of the Merit Badge Pow-Wow, we will be offering the Snow Sports Merit badge on Sunday, January 15 and Sunday, January 29. In order to avoid a conflict with Scout Sunday, the class scheduled for February 5 has been cancelled.
Classes will be offered for the Snow Sports Merit Badge and the Snow Sports Belt Loop/Pin. Scouts signing up for the merit badge must contact Aaron Weissman at firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the day on January 11.
Cub Scouts can attend either or both sessions of the class. Any attendance should be enough to earn the belt loop. The pin will require attendance at both classes. Siblings are welcome for the Cub Scout class.
Boy Scouts should attend both classes in order to earn most of the requirements for the merit badge. Boy Scouts are expected to bring their own blue cards and merit badge books. We will provide copies of the worksheets available at meritbadge.org. Depending on Boy Scout registrations, we will be scheduling some time with the ski patrol for first aid/avalanche training.
All attendees should bring paper and a writing implement.
For both Boy Scouts and Cubs, the class will begin at 10 a.m. at Showdown Ski area. Aaron will be at the Lodge by 8:45 a.m. each day. Please report to him as soon as you arrive at Showdown. Please have your equipment rental finished before we begin class at 10 a.m.
We will meet on the third floor of the lodge, outside the guest services office at 10 a.m. The class will run for two hours in the morning, break for lunch (on your own) and meet again at 1 p.m. for two more hours. For boys without experience in skiing and needing to rent gear and lift tickets, the cost should be $25. Contact Aaron with your particulars for a specific cost estimate.
Boy Scouts of America
Lewis and Clark District
District Roundtable and Meeting
LDS Stake Center, 1015 15th Ave S
January 3, 2012
- Roundtables/Training Features of the Month, 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Opening Ceremony, 7:30 p.m.
- Approval of the Minutes of the December meeting
- Welcome, introductions and recognitions
- Introducing Jason Holden as Finance Chair
- Are you interested in serving as PR chair? We need your help!
- Old/New Business (break into committee meetings for 15-30 minutes)
- Upcoming Events – Scout Week, Klondike Derby and Snow Sports Merit Badge Class
- Upcoming Trainings – Merit badge Pow-wow, Wood Badge 2012, Powderhorn 2012
- Medicine River Scout Center
- District Executive Report
- Membership Actual vs. Goal
- Finance Actual vs. Goal
- District Commissioner Report
- Unit Charter Renewal
- Unit Commissioners
- District Chair Report
- 2012 Friends of Scouting Campaign Kickoff
- Journey to Excellence Status Report
- Other Business
- Closing Ceremony
- Adjournment. Next meeting February 7, 2012, 6:30 p.m. at LDS Stake Center, 1015 15th Avenue South
Lewis and Clark District – a Centennial Quality District
- December District Meeting and Agenda (lcdistrictcommittee.wordpress.com)
- Minutes of the November District Meeting (lcdistrictcommittee.wordpress.com)
- Sign Up for Wood Badge 2012 Today! (lcdistrictcommittee.wordpress.com)