Hello Boy Scouts, Varsity Scouts & Venturers!
It’s time to Go Big and Get Wild !!! Are you in ?
National Jamboree 2013 will be the first ever at the new permanent Jamboree site at the Summit-Bechtel Reserve in West Virginia. Our Montana Council has been allocated two contingent Troops; however, if you want to be part of this awesome and historic event you’ll have to act fast because we only have a few spots left!
There will be opportunities for Scouts to serve in other ways, too. Begin thinking about this now and watch for more information soon regarding:
A. 3rd Assistant Scoutmaster – must be between 18 and 21 years old during Jamboree;
B. Troop Leadership – SPL, ASPL, Quartermaster, Scribe, etc.;
C. The Jamboree Patch Design Contest for our Montana contingent.
Please see the attached flier with some important info you’ll want to read, including some of the special and unique Jamboree 2013 activities you’ll get to do!
Other great spots to get information include:
- https://summit.scouting.org (Jamboree website – COOL! The information on this site is generic to all units all across the USA; for specific information on what we are doing, you’ll need to go to the MT Council website…)
- http://montanabsa.org/announcement.aspx?aid=77 (MT Council website – this is the schedule for Montana Scouts; includes registration and cost information.)
A few things to remember –
- Only a few spots are left for this once-in-a-lifetime premier event –Register NOW !
- Register online at the Summit website (see link above); plus…
- Print out and mail in the MT Council Contingent registration form (see above).
Paying for Jamboree is do-able and the entire trip is a great value –
A payment plan is in place to help;
There is still plenty of time to earn some of the money (popcorn!); and
Campership applications are due to BSA by October 1, 2012.
(Adults and Scouts who will be older than 18 – Jamboree still needs Staff ! Get more information and register online via the “Staff” link on the Jamboree website: https://summit.scouting.org )
We hope you can join us for this Jamboree! (the next one is scheduled for 2017)
Yours in Scouting,
Montana’s Jamboree Leadership Team