Journey to Excellence (JTE) is Scouting’s way to measuring the quality of our program at each of our Packs, Troops, Crews and Teams. A unit with a high JTE score is a unit that is recruiting youth, advancing them in the program and delivering a great Scouting program.
Your unit’s JTE score tells the parents in your unit about how the great program that they will experience for their son if they join or continue to participate in your unit. Completing this exercise is extremely worthwhile. Your JTE score is due with your unit recharter. If that proves to be impossible, please turn it in to District Executive Dustin Shoemake or District Commissioner Rex Jewett by December 1.
You can download your scoresheets here:
Cub Scout Pack scoresheet: 2017_JTE_Pack_Scorecard
Boy Scout Troop scoresheet: 2017_JTE_Troop_Scorecard
Venturing Crew scoresheet: 2017_JTE_Crew_Scorecard
Varsity Team scoresheet: 2017_JTE_Team_Scorecard
We all know that the recharter process is the most … fun … part of Scouting, right?
Even if you don’t agree, we hope that you will find our plans for the District Roundtable tomorrow will take at least some of the sting out of the rechartering process.
In order to help as many units as possible through their recharter, we will have a big LAN party to guide you though your recharter. We will begin at 5 p.m. at our normal Roundtable location, the Stake Center at 1015 15th Ave S. Just bring your recharter file and we will do the rest. We will help as many units as possible until it is time for the District Meeting to begin at 7:30 p.m.
Computers will be provided and Council Staff will be on-hand to answer any questions that might arise. If you have a laptop that can run Microsoft Internet Explorer, we would appreciate its use for a few hours!
Regular Roundtable discussions will also be available.
Boy Scouts of America
Lewis and Clark District
District Roundtable and Meeting
LDS Stake Center, 1015 15th Ave S
November 1, 2011
- Roundtables/Training Features of the Month, 5 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. — Combined Cub/Boy Scout Topic: Recharter Party! Computers and Council Staff will be onhand to help you with the online recharter process. Let’s get as many units rechartered as possible in one evening!
- Opening Ceremony, 7:30 p.m.
- Approval of the Minutes of the October meeting
- Welcome, introductions and recognitions
Old/New Business (break into committee meetings for 15-30 minutes)
- Jeff Goble, Membership Chair
- Do you have media contacts and are you willing to volunteer to be PR Chair?
District Executive Report
- Upcoming Events – Chariot Races and Klondike Derby
- Upcoming Trainings – Merit badge Pow-wow, Powderhorn 2012
- Medicine River Scout Center
- Popcorn Sale Wrap-up
- Website/Blog hits for month – over 700!
District Commissioner Report
- Membership Actual vs. Goal
- Finance Actual vs. Goal
District Chair Report
Adjournment. Next meeting December 6, 2011, 6:30 p.m. at LDS Stake Center, 1015 15th Avenue South
- Unit Charter Renewal
- Unit Commissioners
Lewis and Clark District – a Centennial Quality District