Investment in Character and Leadership (ICL) is the replacement for Friends of Scouting (FOS). This campaign is our primary method of paying for initiatives like our upcoming Pinewood Derby, the Council Camporee and our ongoing expenses for our camp properties (Melita, K-M, Grizzly, Arcola).
The District needs YOUR help to speak to units in Great Falls this month about ICL during their Blue and Gold Banquets, Courts of Honor and other events. Can you help us? If so, send me a note at email@example.com, and we will schedule a speaker’s training. Please help us make our ICL Family Campaign a success this year!
Weigh the cars again, apply some decals, and attach the sails to the boats…
This is the last week to put the final touches on Pinewood Derby cars and Raingutter Regatta boats. This upcoming Saturday, March 3rd, is the District Derby Day here in Great Falls!
Once again the race will be held at the Paris Gibson Education Center (formerly Paris Gibson Middle School) at 2400 Central Ave. Check-in for cars, big rigs, and boats is Friday night (3/2) from 6:30pm to 8pm in the cafeteria. The racing begins the next morning (Saturday 3/3) at 10am in the gym.
Fee per vehicle entered is $5 and once checked in the cars will remain at Paris Gibson overnight. Everyone is eligible and welcome to enter – there is no requirement that you had to do well in your Pack races. As a matter of fact, if the car or big rig didn’t perform well at a Pack race, feel free to make adjustments before registering on Friday night.
Can’t wait to see everyone at Paris Gibson this weekend!
Boy Scouts of America
Lewis and Clark District
District Roundtable and Meeting
LDS Stake Center, 1015 15th Ave S
February 7, 2012
- Roundtables/Training Features of the Month, 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.: Topics: Upcoming Derby Day, Logging Community Service Hours, Voice of the Scout Surveys and issues with Youth Protection during recharter process.
- Opening Ceremony, 7:30 p.m.
- Approval of the Minutes of the January meeting
- Welcome, introductions and recognitions
- Wood Badge Beading
- Are you interested in serving as PR chair? We need your help!
- Old/New Business (break into committee meetings for 15-30 minutes)
- Upcoming Events – Scout Week, Scout Sunday, Scout Shabbat, Derby Day, Scouting for Food, Venture Winter Mountaineering Trip, Spaghetti Dinner to benefit LaBelle family.
- Upcoming Trainings – Leader Specific Training, Wood Badge 2012, Powderhorn 2012
- Medicine River Scout Center
- Camping Committee: Klondike Derby Wrap-Up; Trail to First Class; Spring Camporee
- District Executive Report
- Membership Actual vs. Goal
- Finance Actual vs. Goal
- District Commissioner Report
- Unit Charter Renewal
- Unit Commissioners
- District Chair Report
- District Elections to be held during March meeting
- Journey to Excellence Status Report
- Other Business
- Closing Ceremony
- Adjournment. Next meeting March 6, 2012, 6:30 p.m. at LDS Stake Center, 1015 15th Avenue South
Lewis and Clark District – a Centennial Quality District
- January District Meeting and Agenda (lcdistrictcommittee.wordpress.com)
- Spaghetti Dinner (troop26greatfalls.wordpress.com)
- Sign Up for Wood Badge 2012 Today! (lcdistrictcommittee.wordpress.com)
- December District Meeting and Agenda (lcdistrictcommittee.wordpress.com)