Swimming, Scout and Summer. The three just go together, kind of like peanut butter and jelly, rice and beans or peas and carrots. So, let’s go swimming!
Troop 26 has reserved the Water Tower neighborhood pool for the evening of Monday, June 27 from 6-8pm. As more kids = more fun, we would like to invite other Troops and Packs in town to join us (and, of course, help pay for our pool rental).
Please call Scoutmaster Aaron Weissman, 868-8982, for more information.
The Montana Council Camporee will be an incredible event, bringing together Troops, Packs, Crews and Teams from all over the Treasure State to the Townsend Fairgrounds this coming June 19-22!
During the Council Camporee, Scouts will have the opportunity to:
- Buckle Up by the Montana Highway Patrol
- Rope making/bridge building by Mountain Valley District
- Military Recruitment activities
- Ga Ga Pit (Israeli Dodgebal) by Lewis & Clark District
- Roll Cage by MDT
- Human Foosball by Buffalo Plains District
- M4S by MDT
- Tomahawks by Vigilante District
- Indoor Archery Shooting
- Catapult by Hi-Line and Nu-Ooh-Ska Districts
- Cross Saw and Branding by Prickly Pear District
- Order of the Arrow Village
- CPR Training
- Attend great music shows
- Watch a huge fireworks display
- and many more fun activities!
Has your unit signed up to attend yet? If not, now is the time! More information and registration forms are available at montanacouncilcamporee.org.
Race Montana, a local nonprofit group that organizes running, biking and triathlon races in our area, has a trail series coming up. The organization needs help staffing the events and has asked local Scouts for their time and energy!
The three events are:
- Nighttime 5k on August 10
- Morning 10k on August 31
- Morning 10k on September 28
More information on the events can be found at http://www.racemt.com/trailseries.htm.
If you are available to volunteer (or if you want to run in the race yourself), please contact Ms. Kristina Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text her at (406) 231-2681.