The District Committee training scheduled for this Saturday, November 22 has been postponed. The new date will be after the holidays and should be finalized and announced by next week. I apologize to everyone for any inconvenience. We will be performing a district assessment over the next two months to hopefully identify more clearly our soft spots. This exercise should help to utilize this important training to its fullest benefit. Thanks to all. The next District meeting is Tuesday, December 2, 6:30pm. See you there.
Sincerely, Peter Jennings District Chairman
Wow. Roundtable was great this last week! Many thanks to all who braved the sub-zero weather to be there and participate. Ed Stuart and Sally Dobbins, thank you VERY much for a great time! Thank you especially for the homemade cookies, monkey bread, and spiced cider! I think all who went had a great time and I am hoping to get more next month!
We are also going to have traveling awards for the unit that brings the most leaders and parents. Big Red for the Boy Scouts, and Cubby for the Cub Scouts!
See you all next Roundtable, scheduled for Tuesday, December 9th at 6:30 PM.
It’s that time again, time for Roundtable! We’re having it this time at the LDS stake center. Ed Stuart will be hosting the Boy Scout roundtable, with a topic of Outdoors in the winter. Sally Dobbins will be hosting the Cub Scout Roundtable, with a topic of Respect, the Cub core value of December, as well as discussing Chariot Building workshops we will all be having next month.
Hope to see you all there!
Lewis & Clark District
November 4, 2014
- Call to order- Peter Jennings, District Chair
- Opening ceremony- 5 min
- Welcome and Introductions- 5 min
- Scout Spirit- Peter Jennings- 5 min
- Recognitions- Dustin Shoemake- 5 min
- District Chairman Report- Peter Jennings, District Chair.- 10 min
- Medicine River Scout Center
- Unit service. Unit conditions and roundtables- Rex Jewett, District Commissioner- 5 min
- Operating committee meetings- 15 min
- Reports and plans of operating committee meetings – 10 min.
- What was accomplished in the past month?
- What plans have been made to accomplish during the next month?
- Finance Committee
- Membership Committee
- Activities and Civic Service Committee
- Advancement and Recognition Committee
- Camping and Outdoor Promotion Committee
- Training Committee
- Reports of special committees and selected chartered organization representatives.
- Other business (open forum if time permits)
- District Executive Report- 5 min
- a) Popcorn Delivery
- b) Charter Renewal
Next meeting time: December 9, 2014
- Closing ceremony.