The Lewis and Clark District services the counties of Cascade, Chouteau, and Teton in North Central Montana. Our district encompasses almost 9000 square miles inhabited by 93,000 people most of whom live in or around Great Falls. Our goal is to offer a quality scouting program by preparing Scouts in the Lewis and Clark District to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law.
I am pleased to announce that the Lewis and Clark District reached Gold Level Status in Scouting’s Journey to Excellence (JTE) performance measures program for 2012. Some of the highlights include:
• Our 2012 Friends of Scouting (FOS) goal was $53,000. We raised over $58,000. An increase of 10% from 2011.
• Our 2012 Popcorn Sales goal was $240,000. We sold over $264,000. An increase of 18% from our 2011 sales.
• We ended 2012 with 806 registered youth in the District. An increase of 4% from 2011.
• We had 255 or 70% of our Cub Scouts attend a cub camp, i.e., day camp, Webelos camp, cub fun days.
• We had 171 or 61% of our Boy Scouts attend a long term summer camp.
• We had 36 registered volunteers with the District in 2012.
• We had 19 registered Unit Commissions in 2012. An increase of 3 from 2011.
In addition to maintaining or increasing the highlighted items above, some areas of improvement for 2013 include:
• Ensure all 36 registered District volunteers are active.
• Identify potential new District volunteers.
• Ensure all 19 registered Unit Commissioners are active and functioning.
• Increase our unit visits and ensure all unit visits are accurately recorded in the Unit Visitation Tracking System.
• Ensure our Unit service hours are accurately recorded in the Service Hours Reporting Module.
• Increase the percentage of Cub and Boy Scout’s earning rank advancements.
I want to personally thank the many volunteers who spent countless hours ensuring the District units, advancements, committees, programs, activities, camping, recruitment, training, fund raising, sales, etc. ran smoothly in 2012. You all should be very proud and are to be commended for your efforts and a job well done. 2012 was a great year for the Lewis and Clark District. I am confident 2013 will be even better! Thanks again for all of your hard work.
Lewis and Clark District