Lewis and Clark District
District Roundtable and Meeting
LDS Stake Center, 1015 15th Ave S
March 6, 2012
- Roundtables/Training Features of the Month, 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.: Topics: Combined Cub/Boy Scout Presentation by Dr. Chuck Jennings on the Complete Streets Initiative (20 minutes). Cub topic: “Keep our Volunteer Leaders Motivated and Moving Forward.” Boy Scout topic: Using the “Good Turn for America” system to log volunteer hours.
- Opening Ceremony, 7:30 p.m.
- Approval of the Minutes of the February meeting
- Welcome, introductions and recognitions
- Old/New Business (break into committee meetings for 15-30 minutes)
- Upcoming Events – District Derby Day, Scouting for Food, District Awards Banquet, Deadline for registrations for 2013 National Jamboree, Council Annual Meeting
- Upcoming Trainings – Leader Specific Training, Outdoor Leader Training, Wood Badge 2012, Powderhorn 2012
- Medicine River Scout Center
- Camping Committee: Trail to First Class; Spring Camporee
- District Executive Report
- Membership Actual vs. Goal
- Finance Actual vs. Goal
- District Commissioner Report
- Unit Charter Renewal
- Unit Commissioners
- District Chair Report
- Other Business
- Election of District Chair and Council Member at Large for May, 2012 – May, 2013
- Election of District Members at Large for May, 2012 – May, 2013
- Closing Ceremony
- Adjournment. Next meeting April 3, 2012, 6:30 p.m. at LDS Stake Center, 1015 15th Avenue South
Lewis and Clark District – a Centennial Quality District
These are questions that Scouting is attempting to answer with its new “Voice of the Scout” initiative. In the Spring and the Fall, volunteers throughout Scouting will receive email questionnaires from national Scouting about the Scouting program.
As a unit, you should make sure that all of your parents, volunteers and Scouts over the age of 14 have their email address listed in ScoutNet. You can ensure that this is done by giving a list to our District Executive, or by filling out this handy-dandy form on our website! Doing so is now one of the criteria we must pass in order to receive unit, District or Council Journey to Excellence recognition. If your email address is not listed, please get it to us as soon as possible.
As a Scouter, Scoutparent or older Scout, if you receive a questionnaire, please take a few minutes to fill it out.
One of the criteria for Journey to Excellence for 2012 is the number of community service hours performed by each unit, District and Council. BSA is measuring those hours by registrations by each unit in the new Good Turn for America website portal.
To log in community service hours performed by your unit, login to the Good Turn for America website (address linked here, and listed below). To create a login, you will need to have unit identifying information. You can get that information from the Council Service center or from our District Executive.
I think it is realistic to expect every unit in the District to begin using this portal by mid-Summer. Can you help me make this goal into a reality?
Our council can send two troops of 36 Youth each, and one Crew of eight venturers, to the National Jamboree! Apply here today!
Weigh the cars again, apply some decals, and attach the sails to the boats…
This is the last week to put the final touches on Pinewood Derby cars and Raingutter Regatta boats. This upcoming Saturday, March 3rd, is the District Derby Day here in Great Falls!
Once again the race will be held at the Paris Gibson Education Center (formerly Paris Gibson Middle School) at 2400 Central Ave. Check-in for cars, big rigs, and boats is Friday night (3/2) from 6:30pm to 8pm in the cafeteria. The racing begins the next morning (Saturday 3/3) at 10am in the gym.
Fee per vehicle entered is $5 and once checked in the cars will remain at Paris Gibson overnight. Everyone is eligible and welcome to enter – there is no requirement that you had to do well in your Pack races. As a matter of fact, if the car or big rig didn’t perform well at a Pack race, feel free to make adjustments before registering on Friday night.
Can’t wait to see everyone at Paris Gibson this weekend!