As you are probably aware, the Lewis and Clark District is posting lots of last minute information about our events to our District Twitter Feed @lcmtbsa. That is fine and good, but what about all of the District Scouters and Scouts without smartphones or regular computer access?
We’ve got you covered. Twitter is fully accessible from a standard cell phone. You can get the District’s Tweets via SMS (regular text messages). Regular text messaging rates from your cell phone provider apply. Here’s how:
To make it work, do the following:
- Send a text message to 40404 with the word ‘START’
- You will get a reply from Twitter (40404). Reply with the word ‘SIGNUP’
- Twitter will ask you for a username. Reply with a username.
- Twitter will ask you to choose a password. Reply with a password.
- Send a reply to Twitter (40404) with the message ‘FOLLOW lcmtbsa’