Just a reminder that this Thursday 8/25 is the Popcorn Sale Training and Friday 8/26 is Scout Night at the Voyagers baseball game.
The popcorn training is being held at the O’Haire Motor Inn at 6pm. Please park in the back parking lot because we will be holding the training in the “Big Sky Room” which has a direct door from the back parking lot. We will once again have food for everyone – this year we will have pulled pork sandwiches. Remember, if your unit is selling popcorn having 2 people attend will get you extra commission. This is the meeting where we go over this year’s product, prices, and prizes.
SCOUT NIGHT AT THE VOYAGERS
There have been lots of questions about payment. Payment can be made at the stadium when you arrive. We will have a table set-up outside the stadium for Scouts and families to pick up their tickets and pay at that time. Forms can be turned in at the Scout Office or emailed to direct to me. In addition, we will not be limited to only those people who have already filled out forms. If someone wants to attend, they simply need to show up before the game and see us at the table to pick up their tickets.
This year our Scout Night is Friday Aug 26th. The game begins at 7:05pm. The itinerary for the night is mostly the same as it has been the past few years.
– Boys and leaders should arrive AT LEAST 30 minutes prior to the game starting. This will allow us time to get organized for the opening ceremony. All uniformed Scouts and Scouters will go on the field for the opening ceremony.
– All of the in between inning activities will also feature our Scouts.
– We will have a designated seating section for us at the stadium.
– At the conclusion of the game, we will be allowed to camp overnight in the outfield. During the game, please leave your camping gear in your vehicle, they will allow us to bring everything in once the field has been prepped for our campout. The campout is the highlight for most of the boys! Things to be aware of about the campout – 1) The boys will be getting to bed VERY late. The game won’t conclude until 9:30pm at the earliest. They are usually going to bed about 10:30 or 11pm. 2) It is a family camping event. Units are not setting up camp as a Troop or Pack. A parent or guardian must stay with the boys. 3) It is the softest, most level camping area you will ever pitch your tent on!
– In the morning we need to be up at out by about 9am so they can start preparing the facilities for the Saturday game.
– There is also a lunch box promotion concurrent with our Scout night. The first 750 fans will receive an insulated “Orbit” lunchbox.
There are a couple of changes that everyone needs to be aware of this year. First, the game is no longer free. Tickets will cost $3 for our Scouts and Scouters. Ticket plus hot dog and a drink are $5. They will send the tickets direct to the units for families that are attending. So – units to to pass this information along to their families and find out who will be attending. Then those quantities need to be turned in so that tickets can be sent. I have attached the flier that the Voyagers created to assist with this. We are also going to set up a table outside the stadium to help with tickets for people that don’t make their arrangements ahead of time – but gathering the info needed for tickets prior to the event is the smoothest way to handle this event.
The other change is that the Scouts will be able to meet the players before the game, not after. So, if your boys would like to meet the players and get autographs, you need to plan on arriving even earlier than if you are just coming for the game.
One other reminder – if you are planning on having a beer, please don’t wear your uniform or Scout t-shirt (class B). To stay compliant with the image of our organization, we will also ask that you drink your beer on the patio, not in our assigned Scout seating section.
This has become one of the most fun events of the year! I can’t wait to see everyone at the stadium this year!
Lewis and Clark & Central Districts
cell (406) 868-5648
fax (406) 761-4480