Welcome to the first ever Lewis & Clark District Digital Roundtable! In this video, Dustin Shoemake talks about a few announcement, Laura Boyd talks about Scouting for Food in Great Falls, Montana Stephen Boyd talks about the February Pack meeting theme, and Steve Dogiakos shows you how to access your Scout’s Scoutbook information.
Happy New Year Scouters! Please see below for upcoming events and information:
9th: Roundtable, 6:30pm- Information
9th: Commissioner’s Meeting, 6:30pm- Contact: Rex Jewett- 406-231-8110, firstname.lastname@example.org
9th: District Committee Meeting, 7:30pm- 1015 15th Ave S, Great Falls- See Meeting Agenda
9th: Eagle Board of Review, 7pm- Peace Lutheran Church3340 11th Ave S, Great Falls. Contact: Tim Locke- 406-788-0324
12th: Confirm Klondike Attendees- Send e-mail email@example.com or text 406-788-0657 how many boys and adults are expected so prizes can be planned. This needs to be done by January 12th.
12th: RSVP for Popcorn Kernel Social- RSVP to: Mandy Brumwell 406-868-9315, firstname.lastname@example.org
13th: Fundraiser for Landon- Come show your support at a fundraiser for one of our district Scouts who is bravely fighting Leukemia. See image below for information.
16th: Popcorn Kernal Social- Information, Contact: Mandy Brumwell 406-868-9315, email@example.com
19th-20th: Klondike Derby- Information, Contact: Forrest LaBelle- 406-788-0657, firstname.lastname@example.org
CANCELLED 3rd District Pinewood Derby
- 4th: Scout Sunday & Scout Week begins– Information
- 9th-10th: Scout Shabbat– Information
- 10th: Eagle Report to the State
- 13th: Roundtable, 6:30pm- Information
- 13th: Commissioner’s Meeting, 6:30 pm- Contact: Rex Jewett- 406-231-8110, email@example.com
- District Committee Meeting and ICL Kickoff, 7:30pm- 1015 15th Ave S, Great Falls
- Eagle Board of Review, 7pm- Peace Lutheran Church 3340 11th Ave S, Great Falls. Contact: Tim Locke- 406-788-0324
- 17th: Merit Badge Academy– Event Information, Contact: Tom Lynch- firstname.lastname@example.org
- 28th: Silver Beaver Nominations Due- Nomination information
- 10th: Scouting for Food Bag Drop-Off- Contact: Laura Boyd 406-781-1458, email@example.com
- 13th:Roundtable, 6:30pm- Information
- Commissioner’s Meeting, 6:30pm- Contact: Rex Jewett 406-231-8110, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Annual District Meeting and Elections, 7:30pm- 1015 15th Ave S, Great Falls
- Eagle Board of Review, 7pm- Peace Lutheran Church 3340 11th Ave S, Great Falls. Contact: Tim Locke 406-788-0324
- 17th Scouting for Food Can Pick-up- Contact: Laura Boyd 406-781-1458, email@example.com
Hello Lewis and Clark District!
We have some exciting plans for some great adult training opportunities this Spring! Each Youth DESERVES a TRAINED leader. Can you be the trained hero that let’s your boys go to a campout?
Please mark your unit calendars today for these upcoming Training opportunities that your District is organizing for this Fall:
- YOUTH PROTECTION: YPT2 is now available at my.scouting.org/. Anyone registered with the BSA must take the new training prior to October 1, 2018. For more information, see this note from our council commissioner.
- BALOO and IOLS: We will offer BALOO (Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation) and IOLS (Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills) as a combined class/campout at the Trail to First Class campout at Holter Lake, April 13-15, 2018. Participants will receive their certification in both trainings.
- Train the Trainer: This Spring we are going to offer a Train the Trainer class. We hope to build a deep bench of certified trainers so that all units can easily get their adults trained! This training will be held on Saturday, May 19, location TBA.
Please mark your calendars for these training opportunities. If you are trained and you are available to help teach some of these classes, please drop me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 868-8982.
Thanks for all you do for the youth in Scouting!
Lewis and Clark District Training Chair
Please plan to have a representative for your unit at the Roundtable/District Meeting on Tuesday February 13th, 6:30p at the East Stake LDS Building.
We will be hashing out the regions for Scouting for Food Drop Off and Pick Up.
Drop off will be March 10th
Pick up will be March 17th.
editor’s note: This is posted on behalf of Rex Jewett, Lewis & Clark District Commissioner
Well here’s something different!
We are going to have a town meeting style Boy Scout roundtable this month. All troop adult leaders, and committee members are invited. I would like all troops to come and join the discussion. It’s my hope that the older units may be able to give their insight to problems that they have encountered and that the newer units may be encountering now. There might be problems that the newer units have solved that the older units haven’t seen yet. It might be good to find out that other units are having the same problem that you are.
Here’s some possible topics:
- How to get your parents to be more involved.
- How to help special needs boys.
- How do you deal with difficult boys and their families.
- What can you do when the adult leaders or committee members can’t get along?
- What can you do to discipline boys that misbehave?
- (Here’s a good one) How would you improve the district?
- Anybody may bring a topic to be discussed.
Please speak freely and honestly, but be polite.
Date: Tuesday Feb. 13th
Time: 6:30 PM
Place: East Stake of the LDS Church on 15th Ave. S. (turn off of 9th St S at the Eagles Club – there’s a dead end sign there).
Please come and make this a success,
District Commissioner, Lewis & Clark District
406-453-6777 (I will be out of town until next Saturday)
A group of community volunteers would like to create a community garden in Great Falls this Spring. They are looking for a Scout to research the design of garden beds, irrigation, and soils. Funds for the materials are already committed. They just need some one to design and build everything.
Interested? Contact Aaron Weissman for details. 406-868-882.
The 2018 Montana Council Camporee will take place June 14-17th at the Broadwater County Fairgrounds in Townsend, MT. All are invited– Cubs, Boy Scouts, Venturers, and Explorers.
Registration is now open, so get your reservation in today!
More information about this exciting event can be found on the Council Web Site: 2018 Montana Council Camporee
Register by March 1st, receive free registration for units Scoutmaster and SPL
We are looking for staff for the following areas:
- OA Dirty Jobs Crew (youth and adult)
- District Events
- 2-4 trained medical staff
- General staffers
- Cub Scout Activities
If you are interested in being a member of staff please email: email@example.com.
In order to provide some of the best events possible at the camporee, we need districts to help sponsor and administer some of the activities.
These activities include:
- Water Transfer
- Ga Ga Pit (more than one)
- OA Village
- Human Foosball
- Monkey Bridge
- Branding/Crosscut Saw
- Ice Cave
- Giant Kerplunk
- Rope Making
- Mountain Bikes
- Obstacle Course
- Woggle Tying
- Low Cope Course
- Rope Making
If you would like to volunteer and head up one of these activities please contact the Council Camporee Administration at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Need more inspiration? Check out this video from our last camporee in 2014.
Join us in some great food and fellowship while we support local Scouting!