Welcome to the first ever Lewis & Clark District Digital Roundtable! In this video, Dustin Shoemake talks about a few announcement, Laura Boyd talks about Scouting for Food in Great Falls, Montana Stephen Boyd talks about the February Pack meeting theme, and Steve Dogiakos shows you how to access your Scout’s Scoutbook information.
Happy New Year Scouters! Please see below for upcoming events and information:
9th: Roundtable, 6:30pm- Information
9th: Commissioner’s Meeting, 6:30pm- Contact: Rex Jewett- 406-231-8110, email@example.com
9th: District Committee Meeting, 7:30pm- 1015 15th Ave S, Great Falls- See Meeting Agenda
9th: Eagle Board of Review, 7pm- Peace Lutheran Church3340 11th Ave S, Great Falls. Contact: Tim Locke- 406-788-0324
12th: Confirm Klondike Attendees- Send e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or text 406-788-0657 how many boys and adults are expected so prizes can be planned. This needs to be done by January 12th.
12th: RSVP for Popcorn Kernel Social- RSVP to: Mandy Brumwell 406-868-9315, email@example.com
13th: Fundraiser for Landon- Come show your support at a fundraiser for one of our district Scouts who is bravely fighting Leukemia. See image below for information.
16th: Popcorn Kernal Social- Information, Contact: Mandy Brumwell 406-868-9315, firstname.lastname@example.org
19th-20th: Klondike Derby- Information, Contact: Forrest LaBelle- 406-788-0657, email@example.com
CANCELLED 3rd District Pinewood Derby
4th: Scout Sunday & Scout Week begins– Information
9th-10th: Scout Shabbat– Information
10th: Eagle Report to the State
13th: Roundtable, 6:30pm- Information
13th: Commissioner’s Meeting, 6:30 pm- Contact: Rex Jewett- 406-231-8110, firstname.lastname@example.org
District Committee Meeting and ICL Kickoff, 7:30pm- 1015 15th Ave S, Great Falls
Eagle Board of Review, 7pm- Peace Lutheran Church 3340 11th Ave S, Great Falls. Contact: Tim Locke- 406-788-0324
17th: Merit Badge Academy– Event Information, Contact: Tom Lynch- email@example.com
- 28th: Silver Beaver Nominations Due- Nomination information
- 10th: Scouting for Food Bag Drop-Off- Contact: Laura Boyd 406-781-1458, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 13th:Roundtable, 6:30pm- Information
- Commissioner’s Meeting, 6:30pm- Contact: Rex Jewett 406-231-8110, email@example.com
- Annual District Meeting and Elections, 7:30pm- 1015 15th Ave S, Great Falls
- Eagle Board of Review, 7pm- Peace Lutheran Church 3340 11th Ave S, Great Falls. Contact: Tim Locke 406-788-0324
- 17th Scouting for Food Can Pick-up- Contact: Laura Boyd 406-781-1458, firstname.lastname@example.org
SCOUTERS: There is a new, very high quality Youth Protection Course available from the BSA. EVERY Scout leader must take that course by October 1, 2018. In addition, ANY adult (person over 18) that spends more than 72 (non-consecutive) hours with a Scout unit must also take this course. If you have not completed YPT2 yet, log on to my.scouting.org and Get’rdone!
More info here: https://blog.scoutingmagazine.org/2018/03/16/every-scouter-must-complete-the-updated-youth-protection-training-by-oct-1-2018/
Can you help teach one of the classes at our Outdoor Leader Training, April 13-14 at Holter Lake? If you can help, please contact Aaron Weissman, email@example.com or 406-868-8982.
We will keep this post updated with confirmed trainers for the class:
Registration for Trail to First Class is due by April 9th, noon!
Hello Lewis and Clark District!
We have some exciting plans for some great adult training opportunities this Spring! Each Youth DESERVES a TRAINED leader. Can you be the trained hero that let’s your boys go to a campout?
Please mark your unit calendars today for these upcoming Training opportunities that your District is organizing for this Fall:
- YOUTH PROTECTION: YPT2 is now available at my.scouting.org/. Anyone registered with the BSA must take the new training prior to October 1, 2018. For more information, see this note from our council commissioner.
- BALOO and IOLS: We will offer BALOO (Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation) and IOLS (Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills) as a combined class/campout at the Trail to First Class campout at Holter Lake, April 13-15, 2018. Participants will receive their certification in both trainings.
- Train the Trainer: This Spring we are going to offer a Train the Trainer class. We hope to build a deep bench of certified trainers so that all units can easily get their adults trained! This training will be held on Saturday, May 19, location TBA.
Please mark your calendars for these training opportunities. If you are trained and you are available to help teach some of these classes, please drop me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 868-8982.
Thanks for all you do for the youth in Scouting!
Lewis and Clark District Training Chair